Parental support is a key feature of Sciennes and we are deeply indebted to our dynamic Parent Council and its many subgroups for their tireless commitment and dedication to enhancing learning for all our pupils. Caroline McKellar is Chair of our Parent Council.
Click on image to view Sciennes Parent Council website
Sciennes Parent Council
Sciennes Parent Council is made up of a group of parents and carers who aim to represent the views of all parents and carers of children at Sciennes Primary School.
If you are a parent or a carer of a child at Sciennes then you are automatically part of the “Parent Forum”. This means you can attend Parent Council meetings, become a member or give your views in other ways, such as emailing us at email@example.com or using the Parent Comment Box outside the gym hall.
Alison Noble, Head Teacher and Senior School Staff attend meetings and the Parent Council can also invite representatives of the wider community to get involved.
School Council and Subgroup Meetings
There is a Parent Council meeting at least once every term with subgroups meeting more regularly in between.
The role of Sciennes Parent Council is to:
- support the school in its work with pupils
- represent the views of parents
- promote contact between the school, parents, pupils, and the community
- report to the Parent Forum.
The aims of the Council are to advance education by working in partnership with the school to:
- create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all pupils and parents
- promote partnership between the school, pupils, parents, and the wider local community
- develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of pupils
- identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of pupils.
Events and Fundraising
Thank you very much to the army of parent volunteers who work so hard in support of Fran Armour, Parent Council Events and Fundraising Group Convenor.
Parent and Pupil Led School Fairs
Over the last few years, EFG parents have taken the lead in arranging exceptional and ambitious Themed Fairs: Science Fair; International Fair, World of Work Fair and Year of Young People Fairs.
You must be logged in to post a comment.