Parental support is a key feature of Sciennes and we are deeply indebted to our dynamic Parent Council and its many subgroups for their tireless commitment and dedication to enhancing learning for all our pupils. Phoebe Cochrane is Chair of our Parent Council.
Sciennes Parent Council
Sciennes Parent Council is made up of a group of parents and carers who aim to represent the views of all parents and carers of children at Sciennes Primary School.
If you are a parent or a carer of a child at Sciennes then you are automatically part of the “Parent Forum”. This means you can attend Parent Council meetings, become a member or give your views in other ways, such as emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the Parent Comment Box outside the gym hall.
Alison Noble, Head Teacher and Senior School Staff attend meetings and the Parent Council can also invite representatives of the wider community to get involved.
School Council and Subgroup Meetings
There is a Parent Council meeting at least once every term with subgroups meeting more regularly in between.
The role of Sciennes Parent Council is to:
- support the school in its work with pupils
- represent the views of parents
- promote contact between the school, parents, pupils, and the community
- report to the Parent Forum.
The aims of the Council are to advance education by working in partnership with the school to:
- create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all pupils and parents
- promote partnership between the school, pupils, parents, and the wider local community
- develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of pupils
- identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of pupils.
Thank you very much to the army of parent volunteers who work so hard before, during and after school events in support of Jay Santhanham, our wonderful Parent Council Events and Fundraising Group Convenor, who plans, leads and co-ordinates all events and fundraisers so effectively.
Over the last few years, EFG parents have taken the lead in arranging exceptional and ambitious Themed Fairs: Science Fair; International Fair and World of Work Fair.In celebration of The Year of Young People, P6/7 pupils took the lead at the Winter Fair and P4/5 pupils will take the lead at this year’s Summer Fair.