Sciennes Uniform can be ordered online from Image Scotland:
SCIENNES SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY
Please note that our School Council holds regular sales of high quality, nearly new school uniform. Check the Sciennes website, Round Up Newsletter or Parent Council website for details of the next sale.
ASSISTANCE WITH SCHOOL UNIFORM
City of Edinburgh Council can provide children from low-income families with assistance towards the purchase of school clothing, subject to certain criteria. Further information is available on the Council website where an application form can be downloaded. A link is provided below. Forms are also available from the School Office or you can contact School Grants, Awards and Placements by telephone Tel 0131 469 3471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOAD SCHOOL GRANTS FORM FSM_ASW_17_18fill
WHAT CAN MY CHILD WEAR AS UNIFORM?
Most of our P1-P6 pupils wear a navy blue sweatshirt. Only our P7 pupils wear a royal blue sweatshirt.
These and other items can be ordered from our Image Scotland Online Uniform Shop with an embroidered school emblem. Please note, however, that it is perfectly acceptable for pupils to wear plain white, red or navy blue T-shirts or polo shirts and navy blue sweatshirts or cardigans purchased from supermarkets or department stores. Our Parent Council sells iron-on badges of the school emblem. Badges can be ordered from ParentPay once your child is enrolled.
We prefer our pupils to wear school shoes in dark colours.
We have a school tie which can be worn with a plain white shirt if you prefer.
Plain grey skirts and plain grey or black school trousers can be purchased in supermarkets or department stores or online. Plain navy-blue jogging trousers are also acceptable. Pupils can wear a red or blue gingham checked summer dress.
Fleeces and jackets in navy blue, as well as schoolbags and gym bags, with the Sciennes emblem can be ordered online if you wish. Image Scotland Online Shop
SCHOOL DRESS CODES
- To build a sense of community and
- To lessen peer pressure to wear designer
- On a school trip it makes pupils more easily
- Our P7 pupils wear a royal blue sweatshirt to indicate they are our senior pupils
- items potentially causing health and safety problems for the wearer like certain types of earrings and chains
- footwear which might damage flooring or carpets
- clothing with words or pictures on them which could offend others
- scarves or tops representing sports teams other than the school’s own team
- tight, short or revealing clothing that could offend others
- clothing advertising the use of alcohol, tobacco or other drugs.
You must be logged in to post a comment.