Our School Motto is BELIEVE•ACHIEVE
VISION, VALUES and AIMS
Staff and pupils consult annually to review and agree our Vision, Values and Aims. In 2016-2017 we determined to explore in detail and reach consensus on how these could be updated to reflect the essence of our school in a meaningful and also memorable way. Grateful thanks to Convener of Parent Council Communications Group and CEO of UserVision, Mrs Emma Kirk, who provided sterling and inspirational support by leading consultations with staff and pupils, beginning with a superb scoping session for all staff in August 2017. Emma, our Pupil Council and P7 Captains began to advance the promotion of our updated Values within the wider school community in the summer term 2018. Our Vision, Values and Aims were reviewed and further refined in 2018-2019.
We BELIEVE together we will ACHIEVE
We BELIEVE in
- RESPECT: appreciating one another with fairness, honesty and acceptance.
- INCLUSION: valuing diversity and making sure everyone feels welcome.
- TEAMWORK: collaborating in our school community and beyond.
- EFFORT: determined to be the best we can be.
At Sciennes, we aim for all learners to ACHIEVE by becoming:
Successful learners with
- enthusiasm and motivation for learning
- determination to reach high standards of achievement
- openness to new thinking and ideas
Confident individuals with
- self respect
- a sense of physical, mental and emotional wellbeing
- secure values and beliefs
Responsible citizens with
- respect for others
- commitment to participate responsibly in political, economic, social and cultural life
Effective contributors with
- an enterprising attitude
OUR SCHOOL SONG