The Autumn/Winter menu will run from after the October break until the Easter holidays. This menu offers a few new dishes to try, such as veggie haggis and chicken and ham pasta, as well as all the usual favourites!
All our menus comply with the Schools (Health Promotion and Nutrition) (Scotland) Act 2007 and are nutritionally analysed so you can be sure healthy choices are on offer at lunch times.
Thank you to everyone who contacted us about school meals, your comments are welcome and help us continue to improve the service.
The cost of a primary school meal is £1.80.
For this price your child can have a two course meal – either soup and a hot main meal, or a hot main and a pudding plus vegetables/salad and bread. A drink is also provided with the meal.
Please let your school know if your child has any special dietary needs.
- Free school meals Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit (and your annual income is less than £15,910)
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit with an Income below £6420
Please ask your child’s school for an application form or contact the school Grants, Awards and Placements.
Tel: 0131 469 3471
- Further information on how to apply for free school meals and assistance with schoolwear: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/899/schools-grants_and_benefits/956/free_school_meals_and_assistance_with_schoolwear
- Application form to apply for free school meals and assistance with schoolwear: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/downloads/file/10505/free_school_meals_and_assistance_with_schoolwear_2013_2014
Worried about your child’s weight? Want to help them lead a healthy, happy, active life? Then let’s Get Going! Get Going is a free family healthy lifestyle programme which supports children to work towards a healthy weight. It’s about working together as a family to make small lifestyle changes. Supported by a trained coach, you’ll learn more about eating well
and being more active. Children will get the opportunity to take part in fun, active games, while parents share ideas and experiences. To find out when the next courses are available in your area or for more information please contact:
0131 537 9209
Get Going! Your local Get Going Co-ordinator is: Jodie Montgomery: email@example.com 458 2147