Sciennes Parent Council has again been successful in organising a Class Parent Rep for each of our twenty-two classes. Names of Parent Reps for 2014-15 have been published on the Parent Council website: http://sciennesschool.wordpress.com/parent-class-reps/2012-13-reps-list/
A brief description of the Class Parent Rep’s role
Parent Reps provide a valuable link between the Sciennes Parent Council (SPC) and parents within class or year groups.
What Parent Reps do:-
- Produce a class contact list for use by parents and carers in the class and ensure it is updated and distributed as necessary on a regular basis (in particular, to include new children who have joined the class).
- Have their name listed on the Parent Council Website and Noticeboard
- Help spread the word to other parents about Parent Council events, activities and volunteering opportunities.
- Where possible, ensure that parents who don’t use email receive Parent Council information that may be of interest to them via other means.
- Some parent reps organise social events for the class parents but that is up to individual reps.
- Point parents in the right direction if they have a query which they need to raise with school staff (click here for School Website and click on ‘staff’) or direct them towards the School Council website if they want to raise something with the Parent Council or find out more about how to get involved.