Edinburgh Leisure announces that thanks to funding from the City of Edinburgh Council, the free swimming initiative will be on offer again at all Edinburgh Leisure pools from 3rd – 20th April (inclusive). Primary School children can swim for free during Public Swim sessions. Remember that children under 5 swim for free all year round at every Edinburgh Leisure pool. The free swimming is part of a wide choice of Easter holiday activities for children of all ages.
When is the free swimming available?
Have a look at our handy at a glance guide so you can see when our public swim sessions are for children and families.
The earlier you get there the more fun you can have; we recommend arriving no later than half an hour before the Public Swim session’s finish time. It’s important that children are safe whilst in the swimming pools. To make sure they enjoy their swim time and stay safe, our normal adult/child ratios will be observed. These are:
• Under 5 years old: one adult to one child (with or without armbands), or one adult to two children with armbands
• 5 to 8 years old: one adult to two children (with or without armbands)
• Mixed ages: one adult to one child under five with armbands, and one 5 – 8 years old (with or without armbands)
• Over 9 years old: children can use the swimming pool on their own
As always, if you have any queries contact the centre on the number listed. We hope you stay active over the holidays and enjoy your swim!
Our swimming pools:
• Ainslie Park Leisure Centre (0131 551 2400)
• Dalry Swim Centre (0131 313 3964)
• Drumbrae Leisure Centre (0131 312 7957)
• Glenogle Swim Centre (0131 343 6376)
• Gracemount Leisure Centre (0131 658 1940)
• Leith Victoria Swim Centre (0131 555 4728)
• Portobello Swim Centre (0131 669 6888)
• Queensferry High (0131 669 6888)
• Royal Commonwealth Pool (0131 667 7211)
• Warrender Swim Centre (0131 447 0052)