This year we are aiming to raise £10,000 to support school’s technology, Health and Wellness projects (which includes sports tuition e.g. swimming and cycling). ALL children at Sciennes will benefit from the funds raised.
The Swimathon has been great fun in the past and we would like as many children as possible to take part again this year. Children will have the opportunity to swim as many lengths/ breadths of the school pool as they can in a specified time. Non-swimmers are encouraged to take part, using swimming aids in the shallow end of the pool, never going out of their depth. The Swimathon is well staffed, with a qualified life guard on duty at all times.
House points are issued to all participants, including enthusiastic supporters! A variety of rewards are given to pupils, rewarding special efforts (P1-3), participation and achievement.
How far do the children swim?
- Primary 1-2 will swim breadths for 5 minutes
- Primary 3-7 will swim lengths/ half lengths for between 5 and 10 minutes
When does my child swim?
A timetable is attached to this letter, showing the day and time slot for each class.
Can I assist?
Yes please! As with all Parent Council events we rely on volunteers. You are welcome to come and count the pupils efforts as well as general support for your child’s class. To signup, please use the following doodle poll link https://doodle.com/poll/4rgxf94zwbg5kxqs.
How to raise sponsorship money?
To make it easier for funds to raise money we have set up a BTmydonate page which in turn enables you to set up your own online sponsorship page. You can access this by going to the following web address:
- https://mydonate.bt.com/events/sciennesswimathon2017 (If you have any trouble with the link just google ‘mydonate Sciennes’)
- Click on ‘start fundraising’ to set up your child’s own online giving page. You can then send a link to relatives and friends who may want to sponsor your child.
- If required, Click here to access a Swimathon Sponsorship Form for pupils wishing to use them