On Monday 15th January we welcomed back pupils by holding our first House Assemblies of the new year for Grange (Ms Anstruther), Lauder (Ms Gallagher), Sienna (Ms Pearmain) and Tantallon (Mrs Noble). House and Sports Captains explained ‘The Year of Young People‘, reflected on goals already achieved, shared their own goals for the coming year and asked pupils to think about their own goals.
Grange House – Maisie, James
Grange Sports – Iain, Flora
Lauder House – Fraser, Molly
Lauder Sports – Eilidh, Sam S
Sienna House – Sophia, Sam B
Sienna Sports – Louis, Emma
Tantallon House – Alice, Caspar
Tantallon Sports – Saad, Arwen
As part of the Scottish Government’s programme of themed years, 2018 is the Year of Young People (YoYP 2018).
YoYP 2018 activities and events are focusing on six themes that young people identified as most important for them as young Scots:
- Participation – looking at how young people can influence public services and decisions which affect their lives
- Education – creating a stronger role for young people in shaping their learning
- Health and Wellbeing –supporting young people to lead healthier, active lives and have opportunities to learn about and improve their mental health and resilience
- Equality and Discrimination – broadcasting the value of young Scots, challenging negative perceptions of young people, and supporting young people to take leading roles in challenging discrimination in all its forms.
- Enterprise and Regeneration – celebrating young people’s role in innovation, entrepreneurship and the Scottish economy as well as making Scotland a greener and more pleasant place to live
- Culture –celebrating young people’s talent and contribution to Scottish culture and arts.
Great to see almost all of our pupils in school uniform, and we appreciate parental support in continuing to encourage this. Warm, hooded jackets with hats, gloves and scarves at the ready, please, for the colder weather.