Three Primary Six pupils are selected as Junior Road Safety Officers each year to lead the school on Road Safety. This year our JRSOs are Lyall, Essie and Anna. They are supported by Mr Hutchison and Miss Ferguson as members of our Pupil ECO Group.
What is a JRSO?
JRSO stands for Junior Road Safety Officer.
The Job of a JRSO
JRSOs are a very important part of the primary school as they help raise road safety awareness and promote road safety issues to everyone in the school and the wider community. Here are just some of the activities JRSOs can get involved in:
- Talk at assemblies and to classes on road safety topics
- Encourage everyone to be Bright and Be Seen
- Promote and get involved in Safe and Active Travel including Walk and Cycle to School Days
- Promote use of the Living Streets Travel Tracker in classes
- Raise awareness of Clean Air Day
- Help monitor air quality near the school
- Run competitions in the school, get prizes for the winners and hand out merit certificates and badges
- Use the www.streetwiseguys.co.uk website
- Use the members’ area of the JRSO website
- Employ next year’s JRSOs by displaying the advert, handing out application forms and sitting on the interview panel