On Thursday 17th September we held our annual P7 Conference, designed to welcome pupils to Primary Seven and to challenge them to make the most of the many opportunities for wider achievement available throughout the year.
Pupils got to experience each of the four elements of the award scheme at the conference:
- Get Active, Stay Active – a Dance workshop led by Dance Division.
- Me and My World – Victoria Telford from MercyCorps led a workshop to explain the work of our City of Edinburgh partner charity and its work in supporting refugees
- My Interests – Mr McKenna led a STEM workshop using K’nex
- Adventure – pupils discussed their forthcoming week’s residential at the Lagganlia Centre for Outdoor Learning
eJASS – Introduction and Planning Session
Pupils also took part in a planning workshop, in which they used iPads to plan how to complete 12 hours of activities in each of the four elements to achieve a Silver award and were introduced to eJASS.
Sciennes and Tollcross were part of the initial pilot for JASS a number of years ago. Last year, we began working with
- Ian Forder from JASS
- software developer Steve Moore
- the Digital Learning Team
- Alice Brown, Headteacher at Tollcross Primary
- Barry Hewitt from Outdoor Learning
- Claire Cooper from Drummond HIgh School
to take part in a pilot of the online version – eJASS. We are delighted that Alika’s design (now in S1) is being used for the official logo.
At the conference, P7 pupils used an online planning tool to help them begin to think about ways to achieve the award by the end of the Easter holidays. Each pupil has also been given access to eJASS where they will be able to record their progress and upload evidence of their achievements. In May next year, pupils will be asked to give a five minute presentation to their classmates describing what they have done to achieve the award.
Find out more about Sciennes Primary’s JASS work on our JASS website.
More photographs on the P7 Class Page.
|Me and My World: MercyCorps|
|My Interests: STEM workshop|
|Get Active. Stay Active : Dance Division|
|Introduction to eJASS|
Thank you Mrs Tariq, for providing delicious fruit trays.